cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 months to get a new install? Super fast. Just not installation

4EverWaiting
Tuning in

Hi VM team,

We applied to join VM back in mid-May and have been continually delayed and delayed. I was looking forward to having VM installed after promises of great connection for recent increased WFH demands.

Following excuses for digging, council permissions, blockages and others. I think it just takes a little more care for someone with a little bit of savvy to be at the property and pull a blue string and connect some wires.  I don't think we are trying to get Richard back into orbit here. I don't think managing the status by remote call handlers is doing anyone any good. 

What can I do to flag an engineer down to review what is going on? 

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You can do nothing....

When you fall into the install black-hole - VM's communications on these issues is a classic omnishambles. Just scan a few identical threads to yours on this forum for other examples

It will happen when it happens - in the meantime explore your options for an alternative supplier

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

John,

I feel your resignation as a consumer of bad experiences. 

Why can't someone "do the right thing" and sort this perpetual merry go round of failure? I guess some people wake up and are happy doing a bad job all day.

Actually most people do want to do a good job (as evidenced by the forum team here), unfortunately they are hamstrung by the way that VM seem to have decided to run its operations. Different departments seem to all speak a different language (and there is a shortage of translators) and there is no mechanism for any single individual to be able to take control of a situation and see it to a logical conclusion.

When it all happens to work, then it’s fine, it fact it’s a really good service, but, as you have seen, once anything not straightforward occurs, then their procedures are somewhat less likely to lead to a resolution that the Marx Brothers would have managed!

Still, I suppose from the view of the senior management, it works for 90% of the customers (I’m guessing here), and is cheap so the shareholders are happy - and that’s the important thing isn’t it?

I'm sure there are staff wanting to do a good job handling queries and troubleshooting. But as you have mentioned VM need to focus on the problems rather than the symptoms of the problems. Perhaps someone from VM on here reads it this thread and thinks "perhaps I should inform the powers that be and make a change?" 

I've seen enough moons in my time to know just doing a job isn't going to move your forward or up. You need to demonstrate the next level in order to be recognised for it.

Since joining this forum, I have had 3 messages from moderators. All welcoming me. I feel welcomed alright, however I'm still waiting for the install.

If you wait around a while someone from VM could email the appropriate area manager and see whats going on, but that's all. Which is better than what customer services will do.

If your installation is in the hands of outside contractors, VM will know very little until that job is complete.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi 4EverWaiting, thanks for your post.

I am sorry that you've had such a long delay with the installation of your services. So we can look further into it and see what we can do to help I will contact you via PM - just look out for the purple envelope icon and we'll take it from there.

Tom