cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 months and 9 calls and no service

aparikh588
Tuning in

Hi - I have been waiting since October 2021 to get my services.

I have spent over 4 hours on calls with a number of customer service people, false promises, lies about when the technicians are going to show up and yet, absolutely no service. All this nonsense, while £163 has already been debited from my bank account, without even using 1 byte of data given the services haven't started at all. I am on a Volt 1Gig plan, but so far, have received nothing except for the O2 SIM which works okay. Not a single Virgin service is functional. Everything seems to be tied to the broadband service, and since i receive no service, i cant activate my TV.

To date, I've received 2 hubs, but the red light is all i get on the Hub 4 which is what i have. When i go into the settings, it's always been No RF signal detected. 6 different technicians seem to have come and gone, 4 of whom never called me, just came said there's a new problem and disappeared.

Responses i don't want to hear because i've tried them over 50 times each:

- Check if your cables are firmly connected

- Switch off and on the box

- Reset the box

- Call us for activation of the box

- We will send a technician next week

- The technician will visit tomorrow as today's appointment has been rescheduled (without my knowledge or being informed)

Responses i would like to hear:

- We will escalate this to somebody who actually has authority and can prioritise a customer willing to pay £99/month for 18 months, but after 3 months, is still waiting

- We will fix this on so and so date

- You will be refunded the £163 that has been direct debited because you haven't received any services, so you shouldn't be charged

9 calls and false promises + lies later, I am wary i will ever receive Virgin Media services.

Thank you,

Abhi

12 REPLIES 12

I did. We have been texting back and forth privately, but, nothing to update yet.

Still no service, no recourse and no response from anybody willing to help, except Martin of course, who's been very kindly trying to assist.

Speaking with the call centre guys offshore ends up in another 60 min chat where they read responses from a manual, but can't really help. I understand that and can't blame them for it, but clearly, all the notes that they have taken from my many many calls seem to get filed into a drawer to gather dust.

If those notes and complaints were being read, it wouldn't take 13-14 calls from me and to elicit at least some kind of a response.

I don't even know if there's anybody with enough authority and motivation even reading the notes. How can this go unflagged and unreviewed for so many months. Every day, another false promise of somebody coming to visit and nobody showed up, no call back or feedback channel, radio silence as if it'll magically fix itself and it is my fault that their services don't work, but I am still liable to keep paying through my nose.

I feel like I've been mugged in the high street and it's my fault because I should know better than to keep money in my wallet while being out in public.

And here's the latest now. I have received a text message saying a new cable pull appointment has been rescheduled for 3 weeks for now.

This is getting absolutely insane now.

Any suggestions on legal options I have? I am not fully motivated against making an official complaint to the regulator and seeking damages. This is not criminal behaviour. I still haven't got my money back.

I have cancelled the contract with VM.

This has been appalling behaviour from the company, abject ignorance and absolutely irresponsible business practices. There isn't much left to be said that isn't already, and I hope other customers are treated better, and not stolen time and money from.

I will leave the rest to discuss with Ofcom.