Menu
bmuntz
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

3 month delay to cable repull

We moved into a new flat and needed a cable repull to install our broadband.
Since then no engineer has shown up (over 20 missed appointments).
Whenever I call the Virgin Media number, I just get sent around in circles for several hours, and their only solution is to keep booking a future appointment and hope for the best.

I keep being told that our services are "active" when they in fact have never been. I'm not sure if that's why the engineers never show up, because they think everything is working fine. Last time I called and tried to change this, I got hung up on randomly whilst talking to the services team.

Something new needs to be done because we are very tired of waiting and spending hours on the phone with no result.

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: 3 month delay to cable repull

Has the landlord or agent given permission for the installation work?

0 Kudos
bmuntz
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes, we have permission and we have told Virgin Media over the phone multiple times that they have permission.

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That could be the problem then, as VM typically need written permission from the owner to ensure they will always have permission to do any necessary maintenance. 

0 Kudos
bmuntz
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I don't believe that is the case. Virgin Media has never prompted us or our landlady for a written statement.
There aren't even any logs for the missed engineering appointments, so they don't even explain why they can't show up.

0 Kudos