cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd Virgin No Show to lay a replacement cable

Robertwizard
Joining in

I have an ongoing fault and complaint that Virgin isn’t resolving, with this now going on for 43 days.

I need a new underground cable, but Virgin has failed to attend the 2 booked and confirmed appointments to complete this. 

I have an open complaint, but it’s going nowhere. I did an update complain last night, but Virgin have marked that Resolved???

how do I get action, as I’m just going around in circles

6 REPLIES 6

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

try smoke signals or drums - sarcasm i know but they will have as much success as trying to get any info out of VM - cable pulls are done by outside contractors and the communication between them and VM is non existent - again back to smoke signals

if you ring the useless offshore CS will tell you its going to happen tomorrow - absolutely guaranteed - when it does not then tomorrow etc etc - staff here will apologise and tell you its not the service they want for customers - thats pretty much the sum total of what they can do other than refer it to the area field manager who is VERY likely to do nothing

all thats said from personal experience - 85 days it took them to replace my cable - at least half a dozen contractor visits - 2 council permits and finally a contractor who had not a clue what had happened previously sorted it in about 5 minutes - that the reality of a VM repoll or can be

so what can you do - keep records and when they finally get off their ars* and sort it go for compensation £8.40 a day - they will or may try not to pay but come back here if that happens

Tony.
Sacked VIP

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Robertwizard wrote:

I have an ongoing fault and complaint that Virgin isn’t resolving, with this now going on for 43 days.

I need a new underground cable, but Virgin has failed to attend the 2 booked and confirmed appointments to complete this. 

I have an open complaint, but it’s going nowhere. I did an update complain last night, but Virgin have marked that Resolved???

how do I get action, as I’m just going around in circles

Circular travel is regularly reported on here when it comes to VM installing cables for customers.

Do you still have a working VM service of any kind or is it a 'total loss of service'?

If it is a TLS then you would be eleigible for compensation as per

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0026/216962/Industry-Code-of-Practice-for-Automatic-...

for a TLS (para 23) as well as missed appointments when VM does not provide 24 hours notice of the cancellation

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

I have service, but suffer intermittent pixelation and sound issues, with Virgin confirming it’s a cable fault.

Some days I don’t have an issue at all, other days it’s bad and can’t be watched.

Virgin has offered me another date with a 21 day delay (9th May) which I’ve rejected, as it’s 21 days away, this on top of the 43 delay so far. 
I’m promised a call back, as it’s not just the date, but the likelihood that they’ll just No Show again.

@Robertwizard wrote:

I have service, but suffer intermittent pixelation and sound issues, with Virgin confirming it’s a cable fault.

Some days I don’t have an issue at all, other days it’s bad and can’t be watched.

Virgin has offered me another date with a 21 day delay (9th May) which I’ve rejected, as it’s 21 days away, this on top of the 43 delay so far. 
I’m promised a call back, as it’s not just the date, but the likelihood that they’ll just No Show again.

as i said cable pulls are done by outside contractors - the job will have gone to them when it was decided you needed a new cable - from there communication between VM and the contractor stops so dates in the future given by VM are a wet finger in the air guess and have no basis as truth - just made up by whoever to get you off the phone - unless you are in a very select few you will not get a call back - again just a tactic to get you off the phone and for the agent to close the call as resolved

not what you want to hear but thats how it works - promises by staff on here that this or that will happen are just as empty - hell the new tack from staff is to ask you the customer if you have any updates - does that not tell you how broken the system is 

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hi @Robertwizard thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear that you've going an ongoing internet fault and for any inconvenience this may be causing your household.  I'm also sorry to hear there's been some failed appointments.  I would like to take a look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Robertwizard, thanks for getting back to me privately.  
This is just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand. Please bear in mind, you can manage your account from here. Your online account, will give you access to your bills, show your package details, diagnose any possible faults and monitor any orders and appointments you may have. 
Regards
Lee_R