cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£26 per month for M100 Broadband, on an 18 month contract

SanahGrat
Joining in

In case anyone is intersted: I've had a broandband-only deal for last few years, it was costing me £25 per month until recently when the contract ended and it went up to £45/mo. (almost double).

I just phoned them to cancel my service, saying it is now too expensive (which it is, but actually I am moving home as well). The first person I spoke to said that the best she could offer me is £35/month, so I said, "OK, in that case, let's go ahead and cancel". She put me through to someone else, and, long story short, he has given me the M100 service for another 18 months at £26/month!

Moral of the story: if you are willing to cancel/leave (or threaten to, convincingly), you can still get a really good rate.

2 REPLIES 2

Z92
Trouble shooter

You can't guarantee this though, it does depend on many factors. Sometimes they'll still offer a max of £30 - 35, and if you still turn it down they'll cancel the account and MIGHT ring you back after a few days to see if you want to return at a even better rate (typically £25), as some people will then ring back the day after to cancel the cancellation (and thus pay the higher price). 

If the cabinet in the local area is at or near capacity however, they might not go under £35 though! But if there's load of capacity they seem to be willing to accept lower values.I think the lowest I've seen people pay for renewal is £24/month.

That said, other ISPs are currently offer even better prices in specific areas, such as £25 for 500mbps (1gbps in some areas) for 3 months then £35 for 24 months.

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@SanahGrat wrote:

In case anyone is intersted: I've had a broandband-only deal for last few years, it was costing me £25 per month until recently when the contract ended and it went up to £45/mo. (almost double).

I just phoned them to cancel my service, saying it is now too expensive (which it is, but actually I am moving home as well). The first person I spoke to said that the best she could offer me is £35/month, so I said, "OK, in that case, let's go ahead and cancel". She put me through to someone else, and, long story short, he has given me the M100 service for another 18 months at £26/month!

Moral of the story: if you are willing to cancel/leave (or threaten to, convincingly), you can still get a really good rate.

hopefully you can get VM wherever you are moving to as you have just accepted an 18 month contract so of you have to cancel that could cost you up to £240 in early disconnection fees - if you cannot get VM at the new address you are best to cancel now within the 14 day cooling off period

Tony.
Sacked VIP