Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

2 routers same house

I live with housemates so there was a virgin media router in my place already. I just got another router/ account as sales team told me it would work by connecting the router to the "tv plug".

The router is on but no wifi.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2 routers same house

If it is check that the Wi-Fi is enabled.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Fridakahlo wrote:

I live with housemates so there was a virgin media router in my place already. I just got another router/ account as sales team told me it would work by connecting the router to the "tv plug".

The router is on but no wifi.

i assume you mean VM hubs - its certainly possible to have 2 accounts at the same address - is that what you mean - and its possible but not normal to run the 2 hubs on the common input

so assuming there are 2 accounts and you have connected the new hub have you rung and activated it - if not you need to do that - if you have what colour is the base light on the hub - if its white post some info

log into hub3 - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labeled - upstream - downstream

whilst you have problems is the original hub still working

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It's perfectly fine to have two hubs in the same home off a single cable if the signal strengths are good. The cable after all has to be split somewhere, which is either in the home or in the cabinet.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos