Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

2 orders, 2 accounts closed without reason.

I have tried to get virgin gigabit fibre now for a few days. I was first sent the hub 4 start up kit only for me to set it up and it didn’t work. I called virgin media and they said my account was closed because I failed a credit check even though online it says I passed and the direct debit was set up etc. I was transferred to a nice lady who said we can re-process the order under a different name and it would work. I got my mother to use her details and we did it that way and was then sent a SECOND hub 4 box start up kit for no reason only for the exact same thing to happen. Account was closed without reason. This is beyond ridiculous. How could you send someone two hubs over the course of three days and continue to close accounts. I will just end up selling these hubs on eBay if this isn’t sorted.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2 orders, 2 accounts closed without reason.

Can't help with the VM Hub 4 issue, other than to say that you should list the Hub 4's under eBay categories for "room heaters" or "smart doorstops".  VM won't activate them as hubs on another account unless they've been returned to the company  And under the T&Cs that VM will say you agreed to, they can pursue you for the costs of non-returned equipment.

From a credit check point of view, getting a family member to apply for credit after you've been refused is going to flag up on the systems: Failed credit check at that address, your surname.  New application, same address, same surname.....what would any credit controller (or credit control algorithm) conclude?

If you don't have any idea why VM declared the credit check as failed, I'd suggest that you do some digging on your credit history file, and make sure that everything on it is accurate.  Also, the credit check VM claim to have done will be recorded, and if there's too many credit checks that itself harms your creditworthiness in the eyes of lenders (who include broadband, mobiles, energy, water, credit cards, car finance etc etc).  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I specifically asked over the phone that the order would not be cancelled and everything has gone along smoothly. The woman on the phone even concurred with her manager to make sure. Thanks for letting me know that the hubs are useless. They are now in the bin and I have went ahead and got the gigabit fibre with BT 👍

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'd get them out the bin pronto.  If VM pursue you for non-returned equipment charges you either pay up, or if you don't it'll go into the debt recovery process, and that certainly will mess up your credit history.  And they'll add late payment charges, debt recovery costs, and hand it over to a debt collection agency who will hound you for the debt and THEIR costs.  Potentially they can issue a summons against you for the money (and add the costs of that).

Up to you!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi connorh2000,

Thank you for posting on our Community Forums, we are very sorry for our delay in getting back to you and to hear of the issues which occurred with your new customer order, this is most disappointing. I can only apologise to hear that things did not go as planned for you which resulted in you choosing to remain with your current provider.

If you ever have a change of heart or look to joining us again in future, please don't hesitate to get back in touch.

Kind regards and stay safe.

Beth

0 Kudos