Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 months and still waiting for installation

Joining in

I signed up for Virgin media services on the 12th September 2022.

I got an original installation date of 1st October 2022. Then that got cancelled. 

Then I got a phone call with a new installation date of 18th October 2022. In that phone call they said be available 1pm-6pm. 

Then on 17th October 2022 I got a phone call saying there's issues and they will cancel my 18th October installation and gave a new installation date of 3rd November 2022.

On October 28th they cancelled the appointment and they said that there is damaged ducting on the street and the construction team will need to get involved. This includes a 6-8 week delay for permits and council permission.

I chased the construction team and on Friday 18th November, that team left a voicemail saying the construction work is done and repaired. 

On Tuesday 22nd November I called again and this time a person from the cable tech team said that the engineer will be doing the 'PRE-PULL' that day and they've taken my number. I got no update.

Today (Saturday 26th November), I rang and they said they've 'escalated' and the field support engineer will be coming today. Yep you guessed it, nothing yet. 

This is clearly unacceptable. I am supposed to be doing my job working from home and so is my wife. But because of these delays, we are having to waste petrol, time and money in driving to workplace instead.

We have moved in to the property 3 months ago, and there is no other WiFi at this address.

Please could a virgin media representative please get in touch and advise on what it will take to get connected to the internet.





Alessandro Volta

Make sure you keep copies of all contacts from VM. The compensation you are entitled to should help to pay for that petrol. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Don't forget you are owed for every planned visit when someone doesn't show up or it's cancelled with less than 24 hours notice - £26.24 each time.

Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Ishp123, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear of the delay with getting your service installed and your experience.

We would be happy to assist where possible but I will need to access your account to look in to this. 

I'll pop you over a private message to take a few details and we can go from there. This message will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 



Joining in

I know exactly how you feel I signed up on the 4th November and I'm still waiting 2 planned installs then cancel now account on hold till they dig up the road offered the broadband for 17.99 a month when installed if ever and the naff dongle runs on 02 signal which is naff round here and the government say broadband is now classed as essential lol. 

I offered to help them speed up the process of getting the permits from local authority and yet I got told no something fishy going on plus the fact that both my neighbours have virgin media broadband yet I'm waiting have a century for it.

Hi @Hamstar91

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first post

Sorry to hear you have been having ongoing issues with your installation. We can understand the frustration the delays may have caused. I can see you very recently contacted our team regarding this. Do you still need any further help?


Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

No you can't hurry up but anyone else having problems my reply show just how long you can be left waiting for some thing so essential in life.

We understand the frustration Hamstar91 and inconvenience caused. Were the team able to advise on the reasons for the delays? If not, you can call the Install Team on 0800 052 1734 for an update as to what is happening?



Somethings wrong with the cables at the junction and road needs digging up

Hi @Hamstar91 thanks for your reply here.

Okay, so if the road needs digging up then that would generally require a permit from the council, which can be subject to delays outside of our control and is often a contributing factor to some delays.

I do sincerely apologise for this, but as soon as the team have any further information they'll be in touch directly. 
Many thanks