cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 accounts but can only log into 1

TelVirg
Tuning in

When I set up my Dad's account, different home address, I used my email address.

I've now switched to Virgin but the account details in the My Virgin Media app are my Dad's. He does have his own email address so he could have his own account. 

How can I remove his account and have access to my own? 

6 REPLIES 6

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If you are saying that you each have broadband at your own homes, they will be entirely separate accounts as far as Virgin are concerned. You should each be using your own contract details.

If your father is not able to maintain his account, he can choose to allow you to use his contract details. His contact email address can be changed. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Thanks for you response jpeg1 but I still can't resolve it.

Yes, we both have broadband/TV in our home homes. ie totally separate accounts. My father isn't good with IT so I set his package up (some months ago) using my email (gmail) and his account number etc. He does have his own email address - wish I'd used that now!!

Of course, now when I log in I can only see his account which is what I'd expect. No idea where mine is.

I've tried setting up a new account using my account number etc and a different email address (outlook) but I get a message telling me that account already exists and sends an email to my original (gmail) email address to log in. 

I'm going around in circles

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Forget your father's account. You will have a separate account number for your own connection. That will be in your own contract document at your own house address and that's the one you should be logging into, not your father's. 

Log into your own My Virgin Media and change your contact address to something completely different. And get your father to change his. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

I tried changing my email address but because I'd used my Gmail address when I signed up with Virgin (ie same email I used for my Dad's contract) it wouldn't allow me to change it.

I called Virgin and a very helpful operator, Daniel I think, changed the email that I used when I signed up.

Sorted! 😁😁

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @TelVirg 

Thanks for updating the thread.

Glad to see you are all sorted now.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hey @TelVirg,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I'm glad that you have been able to get your issues sorted with the help from our customer services team.

Please let us know, if you have any further issues.

Regards,

Steven_L