Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

2 Broadbands

Hi,

I would like to know if its possible to have more than 1 provider in one household? I am currently with a different provider and would like to have Virginmedia here too? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2 Broadbands

Hi, 

I can help with this, the short answer is yes, absolutely. But to be sure I would need to check your details. I will send you a private message to confirm.

thank you,

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

you can have VM and any Openreach based ISP as they use different networks. You can't have 2 VM accounts at the same address though.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Just to add to the above which is almost correct. You can have two accounts at the same address although that’s not normally needed .

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Things you can do when you have two broadband connections. With a sophisticated router you can share the two connections either as a load share or have one as an automatic backup if the other one fails. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos