cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1gb for London

johnasimmons
Superfast

Does anyone know when 1gb speed will be available in London (London NW1)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM don't release firm dates for upgrades. A sure sign that they are on the way is the cabinet upgrades, which involves swapping out all the cabinet equipment (amps, tap blocks & splitters) with kit that is DOCSIS 3.1 capable. This upgrade takes the network down for 6 to 8 hours & is usually accompanied by a letter through the door a few days prior. If you have had the upgrade, then the new speeds are pretty imminent.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM don't release firm dates for upgrades. A sure sign that they are on the way is the cabinet upgrades, which involves swapping out all the cabinet equipment (amps, tap blocks & splitters) with kit that is DOCSIS 3.1 capable. This upgrade takes the network down for 6 to 8 hours & is usually accompanied by a letter through the door a few days prior. If you have had the upgrade, then the new speeds are pretty imminent.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

VM looks as if they are on track to upgrade the whole network to DOCSIS 3.1 (and Gig1) by the end of 2021, so only about six weeks to go.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @johnasimmons,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post! I understand that you're wanting to know if 1Gig broadband is available in your area at the moment.

After looking at your account, I can confirm that you're able to upgrade to a 1Gig service at the moment. In order to do so, you can call in on 150/ 03454541111 as we're unable to process package changes on this platform. 

Please let us know how you're getting on and if you need any further help. 

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

many thanks Paulina 🙂

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Happy to help!

If there's anything else we can do, please do get back in touch 🙂

Kind regards,

Serena