Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

14 weeks and still no internet

Dear Sirs/Madams,

myself and my girlfriend have waited 14 weeks to have internet at our property we rent. It was explained from day 1 that we need a line run to the property. In the 14 weeks, we have had our account closed twice, told we can run a line from the neighbours omnibox (owned by the same landlord as ours), this then got cancelled and a small dig booked without our knowledge, then another engineer came over and said we could have the line installed from the line wire in the road by the neighbours, then the engineer came over and said that there is no space and it has to be a small dig, which was rebooked, at the same time we were told by the engineer that he didnt understand why a temporary line wasn't fitted at the start of this process. We have had to chase this up constantly and had very little progress.

i have also completed a complaints survey and had no response at all.

There has been incredibly poor communication between departments and it feels as though Virgin Media have no interest in getting our internet live. Please let me know what you need to look into this and resolve this.

Thank you,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 14 weeks and still no internet

Hi Goodliffe92,
Welcome to forums and thank you for your post 🙂
I am sorry to hear this and I can look into this for you, I will pop you over a private message and take a look for you. Just keep an eye out for the purple envelope.
thanks,
Zoie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 14 weeks and still no internet

Look at an Open Reach line and one of the providers.

It takes them about 14 days to get an install, if VM install before then cancel the Open Reach line and vice versa.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020

0 Kudos