Menu
Nipzy
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

14 days while we close existing account - New customer

Hi,

We have purchased and exchanged on a new property and are in the process of organising broadband to start for the completion date (also the date we move in). The sellers had a broadband contract with VM, so before making my order I got the following message -

A Virgin Media account already exists at this address, so we will need to delay sending your kit for 14 days while we close this account. 

Due to the current situation, we are working from home and the 14 day delay would push us to look at other providers. Would it be possible to reduce this delay and align it with our completion date? Is there anything the current owners could do to help us out?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 14 days while we close existing account - New customer

Hi there

Thanks for you post.

Please private message me your full address name and postcode and i'll get this sorted for you

You may get another private message from other Virgin Forum members so please let them know that I am dealing with this as you don’t need to send the details over twice. This will cause confusion you see.

Thanks
Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 14 days while we close existing account - New customer

*Update*

This is all sorted now with customer and they have been able to place their order.

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more