Menu
Siddo92
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

14 days of disconnection - Existing / New customer

14 days of disconnection because of existing account at the same address

We're moving to a property on the same day the former tenants are supposed to move out and end their broadband contract with Virgin Media. So before making my order, I was notified:

A Virgin Media account already exists at this address, so we will need to delay sending your kit for 14 days while we close this account. 

I am not a Virgin Media user now but I really want to choose Virgin as my broadband supplier. However, I am disappointed by this 14-day hiatus where I have no access to WiFi! As due to the current covid restrictions we will be working from home, I really hope I could get the kit ASAP.

I wonder if there's anything I could do, or anything the current tenants could do to help me out. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 14 days of disconnection - Existing / New customer

Good Evening,

Welcome to the Virgin Media Community

Let me take a look at this for you, and I'll do my best to help you with this

I will send a private message so i can take some more personal details.

Thank you

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

EDIT Wow... Christy_D is quick off the mark this evening😎

There was a similar post a few days ago where a VM person stepped in and offered to help sort it. One should respond on here in a day or two and might be able to help.

In the meantime call in on 0345 454 1111 (follow the options for joining) and see if they can help – n.b.- the UK call centre is still picking up and calling at 08.00 gives the best chance of getting through quickly but wait times can be up to an hour - its pot luck

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Siddo92
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Update for those who need it, Christy did indeed message very quickly and offered to help. 
As I'd already placed the order, she was unable to shorten the delivery times for the quick start setup. (She could of if i had not placed the order) 
She was still very helpful. 

I called the sales number as described by others, they were quick to re-arrange the date of delivery to 10 days sooner so well worth the call. 

Thanks to all involved parties, a positive customer experience which is rare these days. 

Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Glad to hear it is all sorted now for you!

Thanks for joining us.

Take care

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos