Menu
TurboPigeon
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

14 day existing account

Good morning,

I have recently signed to move to a new address and was looking to open an account for high speed fibre broadband.

Before I can place any order there is the the following message:

A Virgin Media account already exists at this address, so we will need to delay sending your kit for 14 days while we close this account.

Is there anything that can be done so that Quick Install date can be brought forward due to working from home.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: 14 day existing account

Hi there

I may be able to help speed up the process for you.

I will drop you a private message to take some details from you

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
SC1200
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi guys,

I have the same issue, was really hoping to get the order in the same day I collect the keys (today) so I can be working from home next week.

Keen to have Virgin as my provider but may need to look elsewhere if it's going to prevent me from working. Is there anything that can be done at all?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @SC1200 

Thanks for your post. 

I'll pop you a private message to take some details and see what we can do for you.

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi SC1200,

Welcome to the Community Forums! Thanks for your first post.

I'm sorry to hear you have the same issue as TurboPigeon when trying to sign up for our services for your new address. I have asked if @Christy_D is able to take a look at this for you - she really knows her stuff with installation/moving queries.

Kindest regards,

Bet

0 Kudos
AHarper
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

I'm also having this issue when trying to arrange Virgin in advance of moving into my new house next week. 

Could you please advise how I can avoid this 14-day wait, as I work from home, and really could do with getting my connection up and running soon after moving in.

Let me know.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @AHarper 

I'd be more than happy to help you with this.

I'll send over a private message to take some details

Thanks 

Christy

0 Kudos
VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If there is an existing customer we would need to process an order manually to speed things along. Best thing to do is to ask Christy to get one of the team to give you a call. If you order online it will sit in a pool untill the address is free or kickstart a process that involves writing to the existing account which takes a few weeks.

always best to avoid online and go manual in situations like this.

happy to  help if needed.

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos