Menu
Chrisevanz
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

wireless mac filter

on wireless mac filtering you have disable allow and deny i have selected the devices i want to disable and then put it on deny but it stops all other devices connecting wireless 

i have done a factory reset 

any help thanks in advance

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: wireless mac filter

@Chrisevanz wrote:

on wireless mac filtering you have disable allow and deny i have selected the devices i want to disable and then put it on deny but it stops all other devices connecting wireless 

i have done a factory reset 

any help thanks in advance

read the description of allow/deny carefully - i am not familiar with the hubs implementation of mac filtering, but in these types of scenario “deny” sometimes means “by defult, deny everything except this list of MAC addresses” 

0 Kudos
Chrisevanz
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

right thanks for that information i actually don’t know where to read about allow deny and disable to determine the terminology 

but what i had done before was have it on deny i’m positive about this but now when i select the devices i want to block like i said it blocks all devices from wireless

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Chrisevanz wrote:

right thanks for that information i actually don’t know where to read about allow deny and disable to determine the terminology 

but what i had done before was have it on deny i’m positive about this but now when i select the devices i want to block like i said it blocks all devices from wireless

I’d hope that there was some detail on the page that you actually implement the settings - at least describing how each behaviour works.. 

If not, you’d have to do some testing of your own to work out how it behaves... i.e. put just the MAC address of the device you are using to configure the hub in the list, then select deny.. see if you get booted out - then test if you can connect from a different device.. 

0 Kudos
Adduxi
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Chrisevanz
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

appreciate the link and i can see how this works but if i’m not at home near the router it won’t work i was able to block devices away from the home when i work away 

i have remote access but can’t seem to get it to work is this because of this new app now ?

0 Kudos
Chrisevanz
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

no help

from virgin media engineers !!

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Chrisevanz wrote:

no help

from virgin media engineers !!

it can take 5 - 10 days for VM to respond.. have you been able to test the behaviour of the MAC address filtering yet?

0 Kudos
Chrisevanz
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

yes allow let’s everything i select work 

disable means mac filtering doesn’t matter what you select it changes nothing 

deny well it used to deny what i select to disable but it disables everything wireless but not ethernet devices !! 

0 Kudos