forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
Annmj70
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

wifi

We have poor WiFi connections. As with many people we can’t get to speak to a human. Get the usual recorded messages do this do that etc. All checked and Re booted but still drives us up the wall.  I read virgin are giving upgraded hub4 routers out to some.  Anyone know if they are any better..if so can I get one.  If not how do we get decent WiFi ? wifi

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: wifi

@Annmj70 wrote:

We have poor WiFi connections. As with many people we can’t get to speak to a human. Get the usual recorded messages do this do that etc. All checked and Re booted but still drives us up the wall.  I read virgin are giving upgraded hub4 routers out to some.  Anyone know if they are any better..if so can I get one.  If not how do we get decent WiFi ? wifi

The hub4 is just as bad as the 3 - it's unlikely to improve your wifi connectivity at all.

Are you able to test the connection with an ethernet cable plugged directly into the hub? Does it drop at the same time as the wifi connections drop?

It's worth setting up a BQM to see how the underlying connection is behaving - if the underlying connection is having problems, then that's where to focus the efforts on getting things resolved before doing anything else.. 

0 Kudos