cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi

andyt84
Joining in

anyone else having speed issues .I've got 200mb wifi don't think I've ever seen it over 130.when I use the virgin media speed checker.would a hub 4 upgrade sort this

2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

130 mbs sounds okay for WiFi on a 200 mbs connection. Your contract is for the speed to the hub not via WiFi. What do get via an ethernet cable connection?

BTW A hub 4 would make no real difference and VM wouldn't give you one anyway as its for 1 gbs connections. Your own premium router with the hub in modem mode may well make a difference though. 

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi andyt84, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that your speed is lower than the package you signed up to. As mentioned by Cardiffman281, the speed will depend on your connection and via WiFi, it may be lower. 

We need to ensure you are getting the correct speed via an ethernet cable first. Make sure you are plugged in to the hub using a Cat 6 cable and can you also check the network card on your laptop or PC to ensure this is 1GB. Once you have checked these, reboot your Laptop or PC into safe mode with networking and doing a speed test via speedtest.net. 

If you are getting the full 200mb then the lower speeds via WiFi are likely due to interference. You can find some tips and tricks to combat this here

Keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs