Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

wifi speed super slow

This last week my wifi has been super slow and having loads of issues with it keep going off during my wife working online which looks so unprofessional. I am paying for 350 but only hitting 35 this last week and have spent hours on the phone trying to get this looked into but keep getting cut off all the time. Been on the online chat for hours as well for no one to help me, I am just stuck on what to do next?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: wifi speed super slow

What speeds do you get at >> speedtest.net << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E or better cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

50mbs only

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can you Login to the Hub Settings and navigate to the Connected Devices page - what is the reported 'connection speed’ for the ethernet cable connected device you used for the speed test ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

says 100 against it
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That tells us that either the ethernet cable is iffy or the Network Interface Card (NIC) is either not capable of speeds over 100Mbs or is set up wrong.

Do you have another Cat 5E or better cable to try the Sam Knows test again ?

If not, go into the device settings and check the status of the NIC.

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos