Menu
Tdan60
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

wifi signal

My virgin connect app shows 'great' signal strength however phone and lap top signals show one bar. Any help appreciated

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: wifi signal

The Hub wifi can generously be regarded as "poor". If you want better you need to get your own better quality wireless equipment.

What problems are you actually having on those devices and how close to the Hub are they and are the devices enabled for both 2.4 & 5 GHz wifi bands

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
BrohanMcBroface
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The only thing worse than the "Super" hub is Virgin's customer service, or complete lack thereof. The hub just doesn't work and they couldn't care less.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

"The only thing worse than the "Super" hub is Virgin's customer service, or complete lack thereof. The hub just doesn't work and they couldn't care less."

So you have said - several times on the fora - but its not actually helping the poster to solve or get help though.

Nor is it factually correct to say the Hub "just doesnt work" (per se) it works perfectly fine for the vast majority of their 5.5 million users - its the small % of those who have problems with it or its network connection that post on here. It's true that offshore customer service is "variable" but the VM staff who intervene on here always try to resolve the issue - one way or another - in a professional way.

If you want help, from the community on here, about a networking issue you have yourself, then post up some details and we will help where we can.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos