Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

wifi problem

hi my internet is very very!! slow and always stuck .. we have to turn it off for 10mins every times it stuck??? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: wifi problem

What is your connection speed like using a direct connection with a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other items connected ?

Which Hub do you have ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

C5A2684D-B0CA-4CE4-8C8A-09E0D8E743F9.jpeg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

FDE01496-755C-4C4C-9D6E-CA016C0A65C8.jpeg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Blimey - that belongs in the science museum now, or holding the back door open.

Try try the "free" SH1/2/2ac upgrade/replacement scheme - see the link below - as they are trying to get everyone onto Hub3's.  The wifi on it isn't the best you could get but it will be better than the SH1's.

BTW what is the ethernet cable connected to and what is connection like on the other end of that?

It works first time for about 50% of customers, but if you get the - "Ooops - please call" message, then come back here for more assistance.
https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap.html?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos