cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi pods

stupots
Joining in

all i want is one wifi pod .why so hard to order one, i have just changed to the volt system , all ok in house when i get into my summer house i hardly get a signal ,i rang up virgin media they got me to do a reset on the router, then they wanted me to go outside to type an address on my phone , hey im 80 years old im not up on all of this , again why so hard ,i then lost the phone connection  help please

stupots

i

4 REPLIES 4

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The official route for a Pod is to scan your property with the VM Connect app.  This should allow you to identify black spots and order one Pod.  If this fails, just wait here a couple of days for a VM Mod to pick this up.

BTW, if the summer house is very far from the house, a Pod may not be enough.  VM only guarantee wifi in the Property, not buildings in the garden.  You may have to run an exterior ethernet cable out and use a cheap wifi access point in that building.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey stupots,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having trying to order a WiFi pod, the team would need to run some diagnostics checks with you to be able to asses the issues that you're having with your connection, I'm sorry if you weren't able to complete the tests that the team asked for, they should have been able to help further, if you could not do that test. Have you been able to get a pod ordered since your last post or do you still require further assistance to get your order placed? 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

stupots
Joining in

i still would like to order a pod, getting about 1 bar of signal strength outside so im sure one of thes pods would probaly help, but been a oap i struggle abit  to keep on doing things to the equipment ,so back to my first question why so hard to get one of these

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi again stupots, thank you for confirming where we are with this.

Sorry to see the frustration this issue has caused, we'd love to assist and send you a Wi Fi Pod if this is appropriate for you.

In order to run more checks and help I will send you a PM here soon.

Please, check the top right-hand side of our page to find a white envelope.
Click on this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs