been plugged in for 30 mins

will not connect to hub

hub has latest firmware

any ideas??

48 REPLIES 48

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@jb66 wrote:

I'm at a loss how it's possible to just be plug and play, how on earth does it know what your SSID and password is? 

WPS ?

---------------------------------------------------------------

NOT a new hub

had a few months

was updated software

rolled back on its own today

alchizzy
On our wavelength

no wps

must be linked to hub when sent out

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@apj_uk wrote:

Hi,

I am in the same boat. I noticed that the new firmware ( 01.02.065.21.EURO.PC20 ) removed my separate 2.4 & 5ghz channels that I had previously setup and it had also reactivated the dreadful Smart Wifi channel optimisation setting.

Aidan

not sure if the official release has changed anything but those settings were required in the trial - so i guess you need to start at that point and change things and see if the pods continue to work

Tony.
Sacked VIP

What a bizzare way of doing things. So whenever you have a hub swap you need to ensure the config on the pods are also updated to sync to the new hub.

What a load of hassle, just waiting to go wrong

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

So does that mean you have to use the hub default SSID and password? I can see that going down with some people.

Thanks Tony -I wish that requirement had been spelled out.

I've changed my Hub 4 settings back to using Smart Wifi and one network SSID and will restart my hub and WiFi pod and see what happens.

A.

@gary_dexter wrote:
What a bizzare way of doing things. So whenever you have a hub swap you need to ensure the config on the pods are also updated to sync to the new hub.

What a load of hassle, just waiting to go wrong

there is no config on the pods - was you not on the trial - if not you need to get up to date to comment surely

Tony.
Sacked VIP

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@legacy1 wrote:

So does that mean you have to use the hub default SSID and password? I can see that going down with some people.

no - were you not on the trial - if so you would have known

Tony.
Sacked VIP

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@-tony- wrote:

@legacy1 wrote:

no - were you not on the trial - if so you would have known

Its why I'm guessing😁

So the pod must be pre config knowing the hub AP MAC? then makes a encrypted connection to ask for the SSID and wireless password?

Or does it take any wireless signal and re-transmits it?