ne
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

wifi nonsence

We’ve upgraded
your home WiFi.

Hello Bern,

We’ve been busy upgrading our Intelligent WiFi tech to give you our most reliable WiFi experience with your Hub 3.

The good news is this new-and-improved WiFi is now live in your home, at no extra cost.

Here’s what it means to you:

WiFi you can really rely on

We’ve built on the original Intelligent WiFi tech to make sure your gadgets are on the right frequency they need to do their thing. The new update looks at your WiFi use over the past few days at different times of the day to make sure everything’s in tip-top shape. This means a faster and even more reliable WiFi connection, especially if your devices move around a lot.

And here’s what’s coming soon:

Keep more devices whizzing around faster

With so many devices gobbling up your WiFi at the moment, things can get a little busy. Our latest update helps your data-hungry gadgets dodge WiFi traffic to keep things moving along and prevent those pesky WiFi drops.

Enjoy!
The Virgin Media team

so what have you broken with my dads wifi???
i had set it myself best chn etc...and now its slow

so, in detail, what have u actually done/broke, rather than the drivel email above that you emailed me???

--
Neil B - Big Red Shed
--
Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine...
Tronn206
Tuning in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: wifi nonsence

I;ve also just received the same email. Logged into my hub 3 and couldn't see anything different.
spudms
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Got the same email and my WiFi has been absolutely rubbish most of the day.

0 Kudos
Tudor
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Will not see anything different, except perhaps a worse service, unless you “invest” in using the new “plume” WiFi pods.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Everyone received that same email..

It's a waste having high speed internet service and relying on the Virgin router for Wi-Fi. Honestly just £50 will make it so much better and you will look back at this and tell yourself why did I wait so long 😉

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
M200 Oomph - 5GB SIM + 3 extra SIM family plan - BT whole Wi-Fi - Sky Q
............................................................................................................................
Don't cry over Virgin price increase instead speak to retentions team and negotiate a better deal.
0 Kudos
Tudor
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Horses for courses, some people actually do find the VM hubs adequate, but a large number invest in their own equipment. I use a Ubiquiti Dream Machine Pro router, managed switches and Wireless Access Ports, considerably more than £50.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

LOL you using state of the art equipment and you was happy to invest in it. But £50 TP-Link router will make the Wi-Fi much more stable

I agree the hub3 is adequate for most home.. it was for me about 3 months 😊. I have few family members on M100 & M200 and using the hub3 Wi-Fi. They do complaint about it but they still loyal to the hub3. 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
M200 Oomph - 5GB SIM + 3 extra SIM family plan - BT whole Wi-Fi - Sky Q
............................................................................................................................
Don't cry over Virgin price increase instead speak to retentions team and negotiate a better deal.
0 Kudos
Pingouin
Dialled in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

>at no extra cost.

Presumably ignoring the customary yearly 10% (= 5 times inflation) price increase.

I had the same email and noticed no difference whatsoever. I'm still using the Virgin hub because I do not want to have yet another device in my lounge because it would have to justify its cost, its electricity consumption, and I wouldn't know where to setup an extra router.

I still had the hub v1 until last year, and the only difference I noticed is that the domain blocking option is gone from the v3 GUI.

0 Kudos
BoneMatrix
Dialled in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ditto for us as well... email yesterday claiming "...we’ve upgraded your WiFi, at no extra cost"... Really? 🤔 

Logged into SH3, firmware and settings unchanged, so what are the VM Market goons playing at?... 😠

Seems to me this constitutes "deceptive marketing" practices!

0 Kudos