Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

wifi down tv services down

during the last 2 weeks I am experiencing constant lost of wifi with my hub flashing lots of colours apart from the white light which tells me all is good.  when I did the diagnostics check as advised on this forum its just says that I not authorised to access the internet through my hub.

don't know if its a ongoing problem but I work from home and wont get  paid for the times I cant log on and only just signed up to receive virgin media after waiting 2 months for installation and have the full top package.

I have tried everything listed and thinking of cancelling within my 30 day option I need a stable line to earn money to pay for a service I'm not receiving and also I have no tv services the picture is terrible what's going on VM thought you guys gave the best service

I'm at my wits end here 

can anybody help please.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: wifi down tv services down

Your free cancellation option is 14 days.

As your TV services are affected as well it suggests a network connection issue - but do you have a Tivo or a V6 box?

So have you checked for “known network faults”? As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), there is also a Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers 1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others) and see what they say when they test your connection and if possible, get a fault reference number – the UK call center is still picking up.

For the Hub... You could at least try a factory reset – a lot of the VM techies on here are suggesting it as a first option and it has worked for many customers.

Note that a pinhole reset on a Hub3 can be a bit problematic - so do it EXACTLY this way (not as the VM website says!).

Firstly, make sure the Hub's sticker/card with the two passwords on it is still there and legible or you will be stuffed ! If its not – DON’T DO IT !

With the Hub switched "on", disconnect any ethernet connections and then push in the “reset pin” with the end of a paperclip/thin nail or similar (bigger items like ball point pen ends may not press it in far enough) until you feel it at the “stop point” and hold it there firmly for a "timed" minimum of 60 seconds do NOT restart the Hub after that. Leave it 10' or so to stabilise and then your passwords/passphrase for both the Hub settings and the Wifi networks will revert to the two printed on the Hub sticker on its base/side/card. Make sure you use the wifi one for devices connecting to the wifi and the settings/admin one to access the Hub (it is a six digit numeric one).

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos