cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi dipping

Chrismclean90
On our wavelength

The last week or so we have been getting massive drops in our wifi speeds. 

We were consistently getting at least 500mbs, and now it is dipping as low as around 10mbs. It is dipping every minute or so. When doing speed tests its going from 220mbs to 20mbs in a matter of seconds. It also says on the test that the hub speed is 530mbs but the wifi speed continues to rise and fall rapidly. 

I believe the router is probably the issue, but unfortunately customer services have been very little help. Would someone on here be able to assist? as I have found this far more helpful than customer services in the past. 

Thanks 

6 REPLIES 6

Client62
Legend

The VM Hub has 530Mb/s available, but the end device is only drawing 20 to 220. 
That is why CS are unclear that the Hub is at fault

But all devices are drawing small amounts, and all devices are constantly dipping. 

And for them to not offer any form of solution, or even try to get a fix for me is extremely poor customer service. The responsibility to fix this issue should not be on the customer.  

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Chrismclean90 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome back to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with your WiFi service. There are various factors that can affect Wi-Fi, such as wall thickness and signal interference. Please be aware, that you'll never receive the full speed of your service over WiFi, due to limitations such as the ones I mentioned previously, and also the specifications of the connecting devices.

I've taken a look on our side, and can see no problem with the devices connected, or the speeds to the Hub itself. I can, however, see that a WiFi Pod is disconnected - can you try to plug this in to see if this improves the service? 

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi Reece, 

I am aware of the factors that would limit the Wi-Fi speeds. 

The pod was sent to help boost the speed for the back room, which it didn't help so we took it out after around a week. 

The current issue is that even in the same room as our hub, we are getting constant dips in our Wi-Fi to quite significantly low levels (way below the guaranteed speeds). so I cant see how the pod would make any difference. 

It feels like you didn't actually read my post. At no point did I say that I expected the full 500mbs, just that until a few weeks ago I was hitting these speeds. And almost over night I have struggled to get even close to half of the 500mbs. 

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Chris 👋

Apologies if you feel I haven't read your post. In regard to the Pods,, it can take some time for the service to become "accumulated" to its environment, and get the best possible signal, so it is recommended to keep it plugged in to see a difference.

In regard to our Speed Guarantee, this only covers speeds to the Hub and does not cover WiFi speeds. Unfortunately, we're limited on the support we can offer for WiFi, other than the Pods under our WiFi Max Guarantee (which promises 30mbps in every room). You can read more on the Speed Guarantee, here and WiFi Max, here.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi, 

Again, the pod would be further away from us than the hub would be, but happy to see if it helps. 

I don't understand how there can be this big a drop after years of good and consistent speeds. And it feels like the answer is "we don't know why, and if not then too bad".