Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

wifi - cannot get IP address

My daughter has Virgin Media broadband, with an S2 hub. 

In the last month or two, we've had 3 occasions where the wifi has dropped for all devices in the house, ranging from Alexa, android and IOS phones/tablets, Smart TV and XBOX. The SSID for 2 and 5 GHz ranges are advertised, but, when trying to connect, fail with 'cannot get IP'.

A cold start doesn't seem to work - the last two times, this has 'fixed' itself after a day or so - today's 'episode' is still ongoing.

Anyone any ideas ? The hub lights appear to be ok, the 'up/down arrow' is flashing constantly as are the 5 and 2 Ghz wifi lights - the 'tick' is constant on...

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: wifi - cannot get IP address

Do Ethernet connected devices also suffer?

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Wifi hardware has gone faulty ask for a new hub.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, There are no ethernet connected devices, so not sure

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New Hub --- Interesting. The last time, only a month ago, she called up for just that - they'd replace the hub for £30....

She didn't get any problems when paying for top speeds and TV, but these issues have started since going down to just 100MB and no tv, though I'd like to think that's coincidence.

I think a call tomorrow will be in order, to see if a better deal is available, or a short walk to 'change provider land'...

She has been with Virgin for years, 5 at least...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi scoobyjacko, thanks for the message. I am sorry to hear about the issues with the broadband and want to get this resolved for you. How is the service since posting? Have we now managed to replace the hub? Chris 

0 Kudos