wifi booster?

How do I order a wifi booster 

0 Kudos
LaurieEdwards
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: wifi booster?

Hey! I don't know if it is possible to post links here, but I chose here - [ REMOVED ] There is adequate support and a good choice.
Let the moderator remove if links are prohibited.
Good luck!

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate Hyperlink removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

boosters have been replaced with wifi pods - you can only order them by phone at the moment, though i believe that they are currently out of stock - ETA for more to arrive is the end of the month when you will have to call in and request one.

They are free to customers on the gig or ultimate oomph packages, else they cost £5 per month.. if you have to pay for them, you're probably better off just buying your own wifi kit.

Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If you're entitled to the "pods" free, they are probably well worth waiting for - they represent a far better system than the crappy old powerline boosters VM used to dish out, and (in theory) you're getting a product that's almost fully integrated with VM's hub 3 and 4 (although carelessly the VM Connect app still doesn't seem to work with them), complete with support.

As @tehwolf says, if you have to pay for them, that £5 a month mounts up.  In eighteen months you'd have paid as much in rental as the cost of a decent mesh wireless setup that will give better coverage, and of course you'd own the mesh.  Personally I also think there's also advantages in providing your own wifi gear because it means NOT having VM tinkering with your wifi without your say so - there's been occasional problems like the latest hub firmware that sometimes renames the 5 GHz network so devices can't connect, or the "intelligent wifi" that seems to have caused issues for a minority of devices. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks