Menu
magoogy
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

wifi booster pods

Hi, ive never been able to get a wifi signal upstairs - ive tried moving the hub around, etc over the years but nothing has helped. It began getting worse last spring and i was sent a booster which didnt help - i returned the booster and the old hub they sent me to try see if a new hub would help. It didnt.

Now, ive heard of of wifi booster pods which are meant to help with blackspots - im wondering if i could try these to see if they will  help?

I cant phone as im deaf and i dont use text relay as it didnt work for me.  I tried using live chat but it wouldnt put me through to anyone - just advised phoning

--------------

can anyone help please?
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: wifi booster pods

VM now supply “wifi pods” (not “boosters”). These are free to customers on the 1GB or Ultimate Oomph packages, and so are worth trying. Are you on one of those packages?

If not you will be charged £5/month - and at that level of investment you would soon pay off the cost of buying a "better" solution that will be yours to own and use forever.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
magoogy
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

hi - thanks for your reply...... im on maxit tv and 350 broadband?? Ive tried ordering a pod online but it says they dont have any atm. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

They are out of stock. They are £5/month to rent - you can buy better.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
magoogy
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

thank you

0 Kudos