Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

wi-fivery slow in whole home

Hi all,could anyone help me ? my wi fi is so slow around the home wife working from home and she is not able to do a zoom meeting with people from work,is so stress ,ive checked my wi-fi speed 20 min ago next to the hub and speed was 1.5 mb next to te hum ,i know 100mb packet may not be the fastest ,but lot of times wi-fi just braking and tbh dont know how many times hub was restarted:(I bought repeter to try cover more area in home but not always working as wi-fi braking up.thank you all for attention and possible help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: wi-fivery slow in whole home

What are your wired speeds?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

hi thank you for reply my wired speed is 75.74 mbps upload 9.99mbps

but wi fi is so slow ale braking up very often

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Wifi speeds and connectivity aren't guaranteed.

You can try splitting the bands and choosing less congested channels.

Other than that, get a mesh system to improve the wifi coverage

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi i changed channels ALREADY ,i i bought repeter but internet braking signal up on the router plenty of times
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Wifi speeds and connectivity aren't guaranteed. when you put that down you make me a laugh .....i has 1.2 mbs wifi speed next to my reuter

but virgin expext me to paying biils every month same ammount of money ,,,,,maybe as my internet is slower than others i should pay less
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No - read your contract and the speed guide - it clearly states speeds are those that are delivered to the hub via the cable and connected with a compatible ethernet device capable of said speeds.

What were you testing your wired speeds with?

0 Kudos