cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wi fi signal booster

simonwray
Joining in

can anyone recommend one our hub is in front of house back bedroom can't pick up the hub on network settings on tv 

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @simonwray 

I notice you have just received a new hub.

Have you searched for the new hub's SSID on the TV? 

When you receive a new hub it will have a different SSID (wifi network name) ad wifi password than that on your old hub.

You could go into the new hub settings and change it so the SSID and password are same as the old hub.

As to signal boosters, depending on which package/bundel you have with VM, you may qualify for a free wifi pod.

https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max .

They are free if you are on the Gig1 package, or Ultimate Oomph, or on a Volt bundle, however if you are on any other package then they are £8  a month.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

yea i changed all network connections on all devices just rear of house struggles to pick up signal to connect 

Hi simonwray, 

Thanks for taking the time to post about your issues in the Community.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with your WiFi connection. Checking our systems, I can see all is looking well with the Hub in terms of power levels, uptime and time outs. There are no faults open that may be affecting you either. 

There are so many things that can influence a WiFi connection some of which include but are not limited to, a fish tank being in the same room, walls being built with concrete instead of brick, it could even be that your next door neighbours router is interfering with yours. Due to this, we are only able to offer limited help. Please have a look here: WiFi Help

The Hub's location could also be causing the coverage problem so we do need to check the positioning of it. Can you please ensure the following: 

• Out in the open
  • Next to the TV not behind it
  • Away from large bodies of water (e.g. fish tanks)
  • Away from baby monitors and cordless phones
  • Think of the Hub as a radio, and WiFi as the sound - the further away you are from the radio, or the more obstacles that are in the way (walls, electronic devices etc.), the quieter the radio & the poorer the WiFi. 

If that doesn't help, you can download our Connect App which will allow you to scan areas of your home and will offer help. You can view more information on that here.

Finally, you can view more about our new WiFi Max service here. If you would like to add this, due to your package it would be £8 per month. 

Please keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

hi all

of that mentioned i have done however the hub can't connect to the app 

32DFF89D-C615-4CB4-9313-04D94F5FEE29.png

Hello simonwray.

Sorry the connect App is not working.

I have just checked a few things from here including the signal levels that come into the hub.

The up and downstream channels are out of range. 

This would need an engineer to come out and adjust them.

I can also look at getting pods sent out for you.

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L