Menu
Mercman123
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

why do virgin insist on doing maintenance on a Monday

Can someone from Virgin media please tell me, why you always do maintenance on a Monday, when everyone is trying to work from home? stopping me working for over 2 hours, and without notice of planned upgrades. which dont actually work, you upgraded me to M600 and now get below my old 500Mbs and around 300mbs on a good day. 

0 Kudos
Tudor
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: why do virgin insist on doing maintenance on a Monday

It’s not necessarily maintenance, it’s often fixing problems that have occurred over the weekend. Not everyone work 24 x 7.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: why do virgin insist on doing maintenance on a Monday

As its a residential service and not a commercial service Virgin will perform maintenance when its deemed least of an impact to home users, weekends and evenings are the busiest periods (normally) so doing work during working hours would have less impact on people making use of the service.

Unfortunately due too current situation with a lot of people working from home the maintenance schedule will conflict with with users such as yourself but without works taking place issues wouldn't get fixed.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos