Menu
99sobi
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

what are my options for improving WiFi?

recently got Virgin Media because we thought Sky was too slow, but unfortunately one problem has persisted (and perhaps worsened): poor wifi in some rooms

in particular my bedroom which is quite far from the router, we have the 100mbps router but i don't usually get more than 5mbps when i connect to just the router

i do have a wifi extender, but that is a hit and miss. for example, i had an online lesson today and i lagged and disconnected about 6 times, and the wifi extender was only giving me <5mbps (not sure why, it normally isn't that bad).

how can virgin media help? what are my options?

one thing, also: our virgin media box is located in the front room. this isn't ideal - our sky router was in our living room which is closer to the center of the house. i notice that the charge for moving the box is £99 which is fairly hefty - are there any alternatives? any wifi boosters? please, any advice would be so appreciated! my video calls are struggling at the moment 😓

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: what are my options for improving WiFi?

best options is always a better router or mesh system.
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: what are my options for improving WiFi?

If you can’t run cables to places where internet connectivity is needed then go with the above 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos