Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

weak security on IOS devices - no wifi connection

Hi, 

I've got no wifi connection at home on my iPad and iPhone (both on IOS 14) and it shows Weak Security on both devices. I've tried to connect to my Hub 3.0, however when I enter the password from the router it says that the password is not correct (I've tried both password at the bottom of the router.

What are the solution to access to the router settings to change to WPA2-PSK if the password to access is not working?

I'm working with my iPad at home so I need a fast solution. 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: weak security on IOS devices - no wifi connection

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/iOS-14-Weak-Security/td-p/4410050

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You can do a pinhole reset of your hub to make it use the default settings and passwords as per the sticker on the bottom:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-reset-your-hub

The help page above says to press the reset button for 10 seconds but anecdotal evidence on the forum suggest you might need to press it for longer.

My setup: VM TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply, however the password to access to my router settings (at the bottom of the router) is not working. 

how can I change it or access to the settings if the password is not working? 

thanks

Philippe

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

okay thanks, I might try that then 

0 Kudos