Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

weak connection in home office

I am getting a message on my Teams on my works laptop saying I have a weak connection and to move closer to the hub or connect via ethernet. My hub is in my livingroom at the front of the house and my home office is upstairs at the back of the house. Its not an option to run an ethernet cable from the hub to the office (too long and not convenient). I have the Virgin connect app which tells me my signal is good in the office so not sure if it is a compatibility issue with my work laptop? I cant change any settings on that. I was with BT prior to virgin and never had this issue. 

What are the best options to help with the signal strength? We did get a booster for our main bedroom (extension built on side of house which is effectively through the main brick wall of the house) which works really well. Would a booster in the office help? If so how can I get one as the Connect app doesnt think there is a problem. Thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: weak connection in home office

Be aware that new boosters are now currently only supplied free if you have the Hub4. if so they are worth trying. If not, they will add a £3/mo charge and they aren't. The maths say you would be far better putting those monies towards sourcing your own better quality, wireless equipment with the Hub in modem mode.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: weak connection in home office

Use a wired connection 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos