Menu
Angrybirdme
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 34
Flag for a moderator

waste of a day!

Been without wifi or internet for few days, contacting vm today again. 3 hrs and again another hour, still got phone ringing them......absolute disgusting, they put the phone down on me - computer internet finally connected but now my phone won't connect to my wifi - they said its my phones fault!!! my phone was fine until they did something their end today. I used to have 5g/ 2g showing on my phone and could connect to 2G! ..but now I am having to use my data on my phone.

I'm thinking maybe its time to leave? bahhhhhhhhhhh

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Re: waste of a day!

Does a wired connection work?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Angrybirdme
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 34
Flag for a moderator

wifi direct????

was told today to find wifi direct on my phone to fix a problem#??  - I cannot get wifi on my xiami lite phone but could yesterday before vm changed some settings on my box whilst on the phone to them today because I could n't get the internet at all on my computer..I can now obviously but its left another problem with my phone...they ended up putting the phone down on me!!

I'd like to know how to add a network on my phone and see if that works so I can get my wifi back on my phone that I am paying for... anyone got any clues please?

Why should I keep using my data on my phone when Ive got wifi???? 

Im so annoyed with them. wasted a full day on the phone to them.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Re: wifi direct????

Duplicate post - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/waste-of-a-day/td-p/4746539

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Angrybirdme
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Hi what do you mean wired connection?? sorry if that sounds rude but its my phone that does not connect to the wifi even though its on the list of networks...it even says excellent connection! but just will not connect - im sat next to the computer too and sometimes it says out of reach?

thanks for your support

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Threads merged - Please do not post multiple threads on the same issue

Thanks

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 34
Flag for a moderator

@Angrybirdme wrote:

Hi what do you mean wired connection?? sorry if that sounds rude but its my phone that does not connect to the wifi even though its on the list of networks...it even says excellent connection! but just will not connect - im sat next to the computer too and sometimes it says out of reach?

thanks for your support

Is it not working in just that one device?

0 Kudos
Angrybirdme
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 34
Flag for a moderator

yes its just my phone that will not connect to my computer modem box 

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 9 of 34
Flag for a moderator

@Angrybirdme wrote:

<snip> I used to have 5g/ 2g showing on my phone and could connect to 2G! ..but now I am having to use my data on my phone.

<snip>

Did you previously have two separate SSID showing for 2.4GHz and 5GHz wi-fi? Did VM support factory reset your hub? If so it will have gone back to a combined SSID.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 34
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

OK. So it can see the network being broadcast?