Menu
don511
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

vivid 350 slows down after new install already

wifi speed is no more then 80mb to 90 even am next router.

ethernet is connected to computer i get 350 to 400mb but after sometime 1hr or so it may go down to 80mb.

sometimes it requires to disable and enable local area connection in windows 7 or a restart of computer to fix the speed sometimes it do not work.

what is going on.

not getting what i paid for.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: vivid 350 slows down after new install already

Wireless is easily disrupted by a number of external factors (even when right next to the hub) so is not a good way to test the speed being delivered to the hub.  Also very few wireless devices are capable of maxing out your 350Mbs connection.

As you are also getting slow wired speeds, let's start with some hub stats.

If you go to http://192.168.0.1/ (or http://192.168.100.1/ if you are in modem mode) to get the VM hub GUI. Don't login (unless you have a Hub 3 and this is your first visit to the hub GUI, which does require you to login) but instead click on Router Status which is either a button in the top right of the screen or a text link at the bottom of the screen depending on which hub you have. Click on the Downstream, Upstream and Network Log sections and copy & paste the figures from those screens and post them here, don't worry about the formatting or you can post screenshots if that is easier. Be careful to edit out or obscure any reference to your WAN IP or MAC address in the log to protect your privacy.

The community can have a look for you and see if anything in the figures looks wrong and advise accordingly. Or you can wait for the VM staff to pick up this thread (can take a few days) and run checks on your line.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
don511
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

2019-03-24_193745.png

Downstream bonded channels2.png

upstream.png

2019-03-24_194425.png

Downstream bonded channels1.png

here it is

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Is your laptop's wifi card or adapter, gigabit enabled? If its a 10/100 one then 90ish is, maxed. Are its drivers up to date ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
griffin
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No idea what a gigabit wireless adapter is Smiley Happy

It would be worth checking the capability of the wireless card, remember you will need wireless AC devices to get anywhere near 350Mbps wirelessly, and then fairly close to the router.

0 Kudos
don511
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

its a desktop uses ethernet cable.

z170m plus mb

i7,32gb ddr4 ram,ssd,top spec computer

did u check the images i posted

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@don511 wrote:

its a desktop uses ethernet cable.

z170m plus mb

i7,32gb ddr4 ram,ssd,top spec computer

did u check the images i posted

I have only just approved the images for the public to see them so the other contributors on this thread would not have seen them when they posted.

Power levels look OK.  Please also post the network log to see if that shows anything significant.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out.
My setup: V6 TV box, Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
don511
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

ok update.

fingers crossed it maintains the speed had left few 1gb files on download so i far after a while did speed test it was 300 to 400mb.

windows 7 go to control panel.

local area connection find the one that is using the internet.

right click properties

configure

advanced

speed & duplex set it to 1.0 Gbps full duplex 

press ok.

this will work for laptops and all windows.

admin or mods pin this post.

0 Kudos
don511
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

i can confirm its working now.

0 Kudos