cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

virgin media connect app

jaberwok
On our wavelength

Hub 3; Google Pixel 3; .ntlworld email address; various pcs and other equipment.

1. My Virgin Media has forgotten my password.

2. Can't change password without changing to a non ntlword address.How can VM just assume that an email customer also has another address?

3. Downloaded Connect app which appears to work perfectly EXCEPT that it cannot connect to scan the house although it has correctly identified the network and all the equipment attached to it.

4. Cannot return to my original email address which, I suppose, is understandable but I wouldn't have changed in the first place if I had known.

5. All in all, a counterproductive morning.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sorry to hear you are having this issue when trying to access your email. To best look into this, I am sending you a private message. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jaberwok 

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you are having issues with both your online account and the Connect app. We can understand the inconvenience caused and want to best help. Just to clarify, what error message do you get when trying to change your password as seen here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/login-problems Also, what do you see when trying to scan the house? Did you also change your correspondence email or your username for my VM? 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

jaberwok
On our wavelength

Hi. Thanks.

First, "My Virgin Media" did not accept my password although I entered it correctly four times so I clicked to  change my password. The page said I could not log in with the (then) current email address. I don't now remember if it couldn't be any VM address or just a .ntlworld address. The fact that I had a .ntlworld address shows how long I have been a customer.

I'm still receiving emails but I just had to use the new details (@gmail) to log in to the connect app. It asks "Are you at home" when I try to scan the house. Trying to connect again gives the same result.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi jaberwok 👋

Thanks for confirming that. I'm sorry to hear that you're still experiencing issues signing in. To clarify, in regard to the NTLWorld email, have you left us and then rejoined at any point during the time of having this? 

Are you able to access the email itself when trying to sign in, here?

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

jaberwok
On our wavelength

No, I never left. I've been here since Diamond Cable dug up the pavement.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for confirming that, jaberwok.

Were you able to access the email on the link provided in my previous post? If not, can you please provide us with any screenshots of the error (censoring any personal information)?

In regard to the Connect App also, can you expand on what happens when attempting to run a scan? Do you see any error messages, or codes? Are you solely connected to your WiFi and have any Mobile Data disabled?

Thanks, 

Reece - Forum Team

jaberwok
On our wavelength

Yes. The link took me straight into my inbox without any login - which was a surprise.

As for the rest, I've decided I'm not really bothered. The scan error is simply "Are you at home" which is daft when the app has already identified the network and connected hardware.

Thanks for your interest.

Johnb

jaberwok
On our wavelength

Trying, unsuccessfully, again to access my primary email account, I was stupid enough to follow "contact us". Only possible to message by phone and the chat bot does not understand "email". What a farce.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi jaberwok 👋

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your mailbox again. We are currently aware of an issue regarding mailboxes, and our teams are working on resolving this as quickly as possible.

I'm very sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

jaberwok
On our wavelength

Thank you. A staff member did eventually solve the problem but, since then, I've suffered a hdd failure so now I'm effectively starting over with a new PC. So, guess what, I cannot access either my ntlworld or my virginmedia inbox. Trying to change password but, whatever I enter, I get "requirements not met". This must be the stupidest system ever invented. I still don't understand why I cannot access my email by using my email address. Where is the logic?