Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

very poor internet signal - request for a technican

Hi there,

throughout the summer we have been having many internet issues, which are just getting worse.

Seems like our internet connection became very week and internet can be only reached in one room (where the router is located), in other rooms it is spotty or we have no internet connection at all. We are 3 people working from home so working internet connection is they KEY. We tried everything, we have reset the routers and reset the connections on our devises, nothing works.

I would like to have a technical send over immediately, as probably the router needs to be fixed or replaced. Can you please help!

P.S when i tried to call Virgin Media I am asked for some telephone support password I  HAVE NEVER RECEIVED . Without this password I cant go through and talk to anyone, can you please send me the password you need?

Could someone please contact me?

Otherwise I will have to change the internet provider as e need properly working internet

thanks a lot!

Agnes

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: very poor internet signal - request for a technican

Is this over wired or wireless connections?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

It is wifi

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Then you need to look into optimising your Wi-Fi on the hub or getting your own better Wi-Fi equipment

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Sorry but I am not sure wat you mean, the wifi equipment is the one I have from Virgin and it seems like its not working properly hence should be replaced by Virgin Media. I cannot replace it myself.
We have a wifi extenders in other room which used to work but now due to weak wifi signal from the Virgin Media router it doesn't work.
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

That’s the limitations of a £30 hub unfortunately.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

what is the limitation? Are you saying Virgin Media is not supplying efficient equipment to support their services?!?!
Can someone form Virgin Media please contact me and send over the technician? Your customer service is TERRIBLE
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

@AgnesX wrote:
what is the limitation? Are you saying Virgin Media is not supplying efficient equipment to support their services?!?!
Can someone form Virgin Media please contact me and send over the technician? Your customer service is TERRIBLE

They won’t send an engineer just for Wi-Fi issues.

And the forum team response time here is 7 days average. 

0 Kudos
Superfast
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

@AgnesX wrote:

Hi there,

throughout the summer we have been having many internet issues, which are just getting worse.

Seems like our internet connection became very week and internet can be only reached in one room (where the router is located), in other rooms it is spotty or we have no internet connection at all. We are 3 people working from home so working internet connection is they KEY. We tried everything, we have reset the routers and reset the connections on our devises, nothing works.

I would like to have a technical send over immediately, as probably the router needs to be fixed or replaced. Can you please help!

P.S when i tried to call Virgin Media I am asked for some telephone support password I  HAVE NEVER RECEIVED . Without this password I cant go through and talk to anyone, can you please send me the password you need?

Otherwise I will have to change the internet provider as e need properly working internet

thanks a lot!

Agnes

If you access your account and navigate to 'My Profile' there is a section 'Security Details' where your security question is defined, to reset your password:

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

@carl_pearce wrote:

@AgnesX wrote:

Hi there,

thanks a lot!

Agnes

If you access your account and navigate to 'My Profile' there is a section 'Security Details' where your security question is defined, to reset your password:

That's not the telephone question though - that's for regaining access to your online account.

0 Kudos