Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

using a new router instead hub3 lan cable and settings

Hi I'm planning to replace my hub3 with a t-link c4000 router

i presume i just turn the hub3 into a modem within the settings and don't have to change anything else on the hub3 ie ip dmz dhcp settings ?

i then connect a ethernet cable from the hub3 to the new router on any 1/4 connections  is this a patch or crossover i cable require?

i then connect my remaining hard wired devices to the new router on patch or crossover cables ?

and utilize the new wifi setup from the new t-link router to the rest of my devices

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: using a new router instead hub3 lan cable and settings

Do it this way ...

Put the Hub 3 into modem mode …

To enable modem mode on your Hub 3

1. Make sure you are connected (wired or wirelessly) to your Hub 3.0
  2. Open your Internet browser
  3. Log in to your Hub's settings page by entering 192.168.0.1 into the address bar of your Internet browser
  4. Enter your Hub 3 settings password. The default password is on the bottom of the Hub 3.  If you have changed the default password, enter that password instead
  5. Once you've logged in, click Modem Mode on the left
  6. Click the option next to Enable Modem Mode and then click Apply changes

and wait for the base light to turn magenta.

Note: Once in Modem Mode, the IP address you use to access your Hub changes from 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.100.1.

………………………………………………………………………..

Disconnect all ethernet cables from the Hub 3 then power off the Hub 3.

Then, set up your own router with the WAN port set to be in DHCP mode. Make sure it’s fully initialized (leave 5 min) and then put in the Cat 5E/6 cable to the Hub 3.

Now power up the VM hub and you should get a connection. This order only needs to be done the first time you connect your own router to the VM hub.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike 

thankyou for a swift response can you clarify patch/crossover cable from the hub3 to the new router ?

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cat 6 ethernet will be ideal.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos