I have just upgraded to 1 gig a few days ago and im only getting 380mbps, i am getting the same speeds as my last package 350mbps and i have tried everything i have an xr500 and i put the hub 4.0 in modem mode and that still didnt work i have both factory reset the hub 4.0 and the xr500 and that still doesn't work. I have now left the hub 4.0 in router mode and im at a stand still, i dont know what to do i have tried to call up virgin but i cant get through due to the call saying call failed. If anyone can help or virgin team member can reply to this i would be highly appreciated due to the fact this is very frustrating because i think its a problem with virgin but i cant get in touch with them.
Are you testing on a wired or wireless connection?
***** If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!! I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences. Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Are you sure the upgrade went trough ok. Reboot the Hub and then log into the settings and look for the "Configuration data" file. Look a the "box' for Max data Transfer Rate for Downstream & Upstream What does it report there - n.b. its in bps
-------------------- John --------------------
I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.