Menu
Begman
Just browsing
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

upgraded to 1 gig but only getting 380mbps

I have just upgraded to 1 gig a few days ago and im only getting 380mbps, i am getting the same speeds as my last package 350mbps and i have tried everything i have an xr500 and i put the hub 4.0 in modem mode and that still didnt work i have both factory reset the hub 4.0 and the xr500 and that still doesn't work. I have now left the hub 4.0 in router mode and im at a stand still, i dont know what to do i have tried to call up virgin but i cant get through due to the call saying call failed. If anyone can help or virgin team member can reply to this i would be highly appreciated due to the fact this is very frustrating because i think its a problem with virgin but i cant get in touch with them.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: upgraded to 1 gig but only getting 380mbps

Are you testing on a wired or wireless connection?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: upgraded to 1 gig but only getting 380mbps

Are you sure the upgrade went trough ok. Reboot the Hub and then log into the settings and look for the "Configuration data" file. Look a the "box' for Max data Transfer Rate for Downstream & Upstream What does it report there - n.b. its in bps

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos