Menu
mrhiob
Tuning in
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

upgrade to new hub

Hi

Just a quick one, I need your opinion, guys

Do you think is it worth to upgrade from my old Super Hub 2? I need to reset it every 2 or 3 days and it looses the 2G signal every other day, 5G works mostly fine. My Hub 2 is very old, is it a time to upgrade?

Is the Hub 3 better option or not?

Thank you

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: upgrade to new hub

The wifi on the Hub3 wont be any better "per se" but it should be more stable - if it needs resetting regularly - perhaps the SH2 is on its way out.

You could try the "free" SH1/2/2ac upgrade/replacement scheme - see the link below - as they are trying to get everyone onto Hub3's.

It works first time for about 50% of customers, but if you get the - "Ooops - please call" message, then come back here for more assistance before calling.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap.html?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
mrhiob
Tuning in
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi John

Thank you for a quick reply.

Unfortunately this link does not work for me, is here any other option to get an upgrade to Hub 3?

Regards

Marek 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Its because you are most likely on an old "legacy package" that has baffled the computer or they want you change to a new package. Calling in is one option worth trying but a lot of the VM agents don't know about the scheme and will tell you its an upgrade and will want to charge you for it and it will start a new 12/18mo contract - neither of those statements is true. If they do just say no thanks and leave it.

A VM person should pick this up here in the next few days and offer to sort it for you via a "private message" - so keep checking back.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
mrhiob
Tuning in
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi John

Thank you for your help. I will wait for VM agent to email me, thanks

Marek

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

They wont email you, they will contact here via the purple envelope PM system - top right corner of the page.

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
mrhiob
Tuning in
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Ok, thanks, I will keep checking it.

Regards

0 Kudos
mrhiob
Tuning in
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi again

Unfortunately there is no contact from VM team, is there any way to flag my question to them?

Regards

Marek

0 Kudos
Adduxi
Trouble shooter
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

@mrhiob wrote:

Hi again

Unfortunately there is no contact from VM team, is there any way to flag my question to them?

Regards

Marek

It may be because you marked some of the replies as Helpful Answers, so the MOD's assumed your issue was sorted.?

Perhaps one of the VIP members can flag this up to the MOD's?

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mrhiob,

thanks for your post, have you logged into your my virgin media to see if you are eligible? Or have you received an email from us saying you can upgrade? If not we can upgrade you but you will have to pay for the new hub. 

Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos