Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

unstable internet connection on Zoom & Google Meet

The message 'unstable internet connection' has appeared intermittently over the past 3 months or so, generally OK to cope with, but today, despite turning off the video feed my audio input to meeting on Zoom was reported as "only about half of what you said was heard". All equipment here, as tested through VM checks, is working at "Good" or "Great" - what can I do, or what is VM doing to resolve?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: unstable internet connection on Zoom & Google Meet

It can be difficult diagnosing problems without some basic information.

Have you checked the 'Check Service Status' at the top of the page ?

If nothing is showing try phoning 0800 561 0061, this will tell you of more local issues that may be affecting the area. Be aware that it isn't a manned line.

Go round all the accessible co-ax connections and ensure that they are finger tight.

If everything above is OK we need do some troubleshooting; to start with …

Can you set up a Broadband Quality Monitor (BQM) at thinkbroadband.com - this will give you an insight into what is happening with the signal at the other side of the Hub, it will take a few hours to get any kind of trend showing although you can post the link straight away.

Post a link to your BQM on here.

Instructions for posting BQM Link

Under your BQM graph are two links in red.

Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate.

Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see.

On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon)

In the URL box paste the link you copied and then click OK - you can post the link straight away.

Then

Can you please

Type 192.168.0.1 (192.168.100.1 in Modem mode) into your browser URL bar and press enter. 

When the page appears DO NOT LOG IN but click ‘Check Router Status’.

Copy and paste the contents of the Downstream, Upstream and Network Log tabs onto here, if you get a yellow warning click the Post button again.

A Guru will be along soon to decipher the info.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Your instruction:

On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon)

Can't find either Link or camera icon? has the site or page changed?

Ray

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

linkcamera

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ref past two days :- activity last evening, spent over two hours, but no better, unresolved problem!
I did mention on 'response request' that our TV signal was also showing degradation, appearing as intermittent  interference. Today, this afternoon, several interruptions to internet connection & increasing TV interference - we reverted to 'old' roof aerial as much better signal!
Is it likely that my problem is fibre optical cable? We have 2 entirely separate entry points, 1 for Wifi hub 3.0 & 2nd for TV/TIVO box & both seem to be faulty.

How do I arrange an engineer visit?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You can contact VM to report your problem using ...

Text service on 07533051809

150 from Virgin landline.

0345 454 1111 from any other UK  phone.

The best time to call is weekdays 08:00 to get a UK agent, anything after 10:00 you must realise that you are quite likely to get through to an offshore agent that doesn't speak English as a first language.

Or you can wait on here for one of the VM Staff to pick up the thread but this may take a few days.

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi raybilton

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear of the service issues you're having. I've ran a few checks here and we do need an engineer visit. I'll PM you now to arrange

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for joining me on PM raybilton,

Just to update the thread, the technician visit has been booked in

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Technician visited, discovered line in was not up to specification, now rectified thankfully. Many thanks for your input, saved my sanity!

Ray

0 Kudos