forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
cyrilcc
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

unsolved intermittent broadband

Hi,

I've had an intermittent issues for months now. The issue is the internet drops twice a day (usually once in the afternoon and once in the evening). we need to reboot the hub for the internet to come back. 

We're using both wired and wifi connections and the internet drops in all devices at the same time. 

After hours and hours trying to reach the support, they replaced the hub in July 2020. However the issue is still happening and I can't get any satisfactory resolution to my issue. 

Not sure what I can do solve the issue ?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: unsolved intermittent broadband

Lets look at the connection history.

If you haven’t already, set up a free and secure “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph” (as per instructions on the TB website) when it starts to develop.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
cyrilcc
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: unsolved intermittent broadband

Hi, 

Below the link of the live graph. I just starter to monitor so let's check tomorrow pm (usually it drops early pm and ine the evening)

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/b0dc00db35955aa264f5c2fa4a0cac9a6c...
Tags (1)
0 Kudos