cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cazdee
Joining in

I have exactly the same issue 

I have contacted VM support and told the guy I spoke to that someone on this forum had the same issue and it was due to the pod's mac address not being located to the  account. His response was that this is impossible because the correct settings are always completed before the pod is sent out. He also told me that I'd set the pod up incorrectly because I didn't initially plug it in right next to the hub in order for an initialisation check to take place - which is not in any of the instructions I received. So we tried it plugged into the socket next to the hub and of course it wouldn't connect - so he has decided there is a provisioning issue ( is this his way of admitting that maybe the MAC address needs allocating ? ) and that I need technical help and raised me a ticket number 59762143 which means I will get a call back from a technical support team sometime in the next 24hours ( interestingly he wouldn't give me their phone number to contact them should I not receive a callback. )  

I wondered if the support team on this forum may be able to help push things along

1 REPLY 1

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @cazdee 

Thanks for posting, apologies for any issues with the Pod.

I can see from checking the system the work order has been raised to the faults management team who will investigate and contact you when they have an update.

There are a few requirements for the Pods to work with our Hubs:

•    The Hub must be in 'Router Mode' and not have been changed to 'Modem Mode'.
•    Channel Optimisation must be left on.
•    The SSIDs must be the same and broadcast enabled.
•    The SSID must be password protected.
•    The Passphrases of the SSIDs must match.

As long as all of the above points are all met then the Pod should automatically connect to your Hub's Wi-Fi and begin broadcasting. The wireless details from the Pod will be the same as the Hub's details, so no additional steps are required to connect the devices in the home.

This link will help though if you do have any issues: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/setup/intelligentwifipod

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill