Menu
HJD335
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

unable to connect outdoor nest camera to Hub 4

Successfully installed new Hub 4 and all devices have connected apart from the outdoor nest camera which worked perfectly well on the previous Hub 3. I know it will only work on 2.4Ghz so I've tried switching of the 5Ghz in advanced settings and adding the product from scratch but it still won't connect with the wifi. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: unable to connect outdoor nest camera to Hub 4

Reset the network settings on the device then connect it from scratch again

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
HJD335
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply. I’ve tried to reset it, removed it from the nest account and tried to add it from scratch. The furthest I get is the device finds the network and I get to put the password in, it then cannot perform the final Setting Up WiFi action and I get error codes C102, C103, or C119. I’ve tried all the troubleshooting suggested by Nest and also contacted them over Twitter-they said it needs to connect on 2.4Ghz, which I know, so they weren’t much help. Still no success. 

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

HI HJD335, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the hub 4. Does anything help here: Chris 

0 Kudos
HJD335
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. Today I have managed to get the camera to connect to the WiFi network. I think it just needed to find the right signal which took a lot of persistence. Although it’s gone offline a few times it has re-established the connection and I only rebooted the Hub 4 once during the day. Hopefully it’s sorted for now. 

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Great news, It is great to hear that this is now resolved and please don't hesitate to contact us if you need anything, ^Chris 

0 Kudos
Evans1882
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I've had a similar issue with the Hub 4 and my Nest devices, predominantly my nest mini speakers but recently my Nest Thermostat e has been dropping off too. Again no problems with my old Hub 3 in the past so was getting frustrated and wishing I'd never upgraded. In the end I did a full factory reset of the Hub 4 and removed all my Nest devices and also factory reset them too and started from scratch. It was a headache as I have cameras, doorbell, protects & thermostat but after a few a couple of hours setting everything back up I've had no issues but it has been only a couple of days since I did it so time will tell. One thing I did do when I got the hub 4 was create two ssid's for the 2.4ghz and 5ghz this didn't really solve the nest connection issues hence I did a full factory reset and left the Hub 4's settings as if it had come straight out of the box and as I said it's seems to be working ok. 🤞

0 Kudos
HJD335
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I switched to Sky and haven’t had a problem since.