cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tcp packets keeps turning off my new Hub 5

ThomasMcDonald
Joining in

I have an issue with my new Hub 5 that my old Hub 4 never had I am a content creator for VR and I host events on a platform called VRChat where we use a tool called VRCDN this allows us to stream videos and audio to the VR world for clients to see performances going on. however, since I upgrade to 1GB speed and the new HUB 5 there is a known issue with the brand of router used by Vodafone broadband that causes a disconnect of broadband services. Virgin Media Router issues the issues here are exactly the same as described by most people who play VRChat Known to affect the "Hub 5" with a "RG Crash". there's a specific router manufacturer that borked their firmware so when they receive a lot of tiny TCP packets (how our RTSP streams work) they wrongfully ramp up the power levels too high and basically cook themselves and knocks me off the internet and I do not know what to do about it as I need tiny TCP packets into to take part in said performances going on in VR.

here is a link to site wiki talking about said issue. https://wiki.vrcdn.live/en/Known-Issues

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
2 REPLIES 2

Thank I've been going mad looking all over the into for info and think it's just VRC issue and that there is going to be nothing I can do about it. thanks for this.