cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

superhub 5

Hazel120
Just joined

Took out the gig1 package awhile back and in the order we should have received a superhub 5 and we received a superhub 4, how do we go about getting it swapped over to the hub 5 that is stipulated in the contract?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Then you will only get a Hub4 ATM.  VM are preserving the 5 for "new" 1GB customers as you dont need the Hub5 to get the 1GB  service - Hub4 will suffice  - though it does have the advantage of a 2.5GB port and wifi6.

You will either have to wait until hub5 stocks are at the level they deem right for a more widespread dissemination - or - invest now in your own wireless router with those features - and stick the VM hub into modem mode.  This is actually the better way to do it - apart from it costing you some £ of course.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you a "new customer" signing up for 1 GB - or an existing customer who has just upgraded the speed package ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

existing customer who upgraded the speed package December 2022

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Then you will only get a Hub4 ATM.  VM are preserving the 5 for "new" 1GB customers as you dont need the Hub5 to get the 1GB  service - Hub4 will suffice  - though it does have the advantage of a 2.5GB port and wifi6.

You will either have to wait until hub5 stocks are at the level they deem right for a more widespread dissemination - or - invest now in your own wireless router with those features - and stick the VM hub into modem mode.  This is actually the better way to do it - apart from it costing you some £ of course.

--------------------
John
--------------------