Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

superhub 3 upgrade free

hi i have used the phone app to try to upgrade to super hub 3 from hub 1 but  says i cannot do it on line will have to phone them and be on hold for ages . Any reason why i cannot upgrade it online .

thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: superhub 3 upgrade free

Did you try the "free" SH1/2/2ac upgrade/replacement scheme - see the link below - as they are trying to get everyone onto Hub3's.

If you get the - "Ooops - please call" message or cant get it online - I think it means that the dumb software knowing you are within contract and therefore are asking for an upgrade and not a free replacement.
S if you call go through options 1,1,4,4 - to get through to retentions - you will get a UK based person who should at least know about the deal - no-one seems to have informed the "offshore" lot about it yet ! It may be that they think that you aren’t eligible and they will want to charge you - do not accept that (except for a small delivery charge) - come back here.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap.html?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

i tried that number but fed up waiting after 20 min, we are not within a contract.  I may try sky or bt to see what they have to offer

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Did you try the link? It should work if you are out of contract and still using the doorstop SH1.

And... that's the same number you will have to call to cancel your VM subscription - Catch 22.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

yes tried like no joy and last contract change 2017. Back on hold I guess . Thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

If you wait on here a VM person should get to thread in a day or so and offer to replace the SH1 for you.

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi poshsav, thanks for getting in touch. 

Sorry to hear you've had some problems getting your hub upgrade arranged. 

We'd like to help get this sorted. Look out for my PM (the purple envelope) and please get back to me with the requested info when you can.

Tom

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi @poshsav, I've just been able to get the upgrade put through now - free of charge, delivery within 5 working days.

You should receive an sms/email with tracking details, if you need any further assistance please don't hesitate to pop back.

Tom

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

thanks for your help

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

hi today i received my replacement hub  i have set it up as per instructions all lights on the front are as should be but my internet access is denied when looking on settings . i am using my old router again to use internet.

thanks

0 Kudos