Menu
ruthwitham007
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

ssid changed on its own??

Late December our router changed its own name to "1".....since then it's changed its name again to "2:C:54:91:1D:5C:DD" 

Same password being accepted. Who is making these changes? Is this a security issue?

Also, maybe not related but just a coincidence, since the last change my son keeps getting chucked off his xbox games whilst playing and being returned to home screen. Anyone else having these issues or can help with a resolve for the xbox problems? 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: ssid changed on its own??

It’s a firmware glitch.

Try a 60 second pinhole reset on the hub and see if it does it again after that. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: ssid changed on its own??

@ruthwitham007 wrote:

Late December our router changed its own name to "1".....since then it's changed its name again to "2:C:54:91:1D:5C:DD" 

Same password being accepted. Who is making these changes? Is this a security issue?

Also, maybe not related but just a coincidence, since the last change my son keeps getting chucked off his xbox games whilst playing and being returned to home screen. Anyone else having these issues or can help with a resolve for the xbox problems? 

Per Gary's response, teh SSID change is a known bug in the hub.. the xbox issues are probably related - with the 5ghz network no longer being available 

0 Kudos